Check out our new conference video featuring our discipleship home manager John Luoma.
"What we're offering with our discipleship home is for residents of the Tenderloin to come, live with our church family, to move in—right now we have 6 beds so we're able to house people—we're able to connect them to work therapy. They work at our thrift store and our rescue mission. We offer intentional curriculum, and classes to help train them up. We have worship and prayer. They get really involved in the life of the church. We have recovery groups weekly, and all of this meant to help get people into healthy community and following Jesus and finding freedom from addictions that have gotten them to where they are today."
Our current needs for our discipleship home:
- Mature Christian men willing to commit to a year-long structured mentorship relationship with one of the men.
- Teachers for morning classes, either Monday & Thursday or Tuesday & Friday from 9:30-11:30am.
- Relief House Manager - an overnight volunteer position, weekly or bi-weekly, to provide relief to our team.
- Weekend Recreation Volunteers - we are looking for volunteers who would be willing to spend Saturday afternoons once a month doing recreational activities with the men.
- Come alongside the discipleship home to provide more beds and space to grow the discipleship home to see more opportunities for men from the community to live with us, find healing, walk in freedom and be raised up as leaders for the long-term transformation of the inner city.
Serve alongside John, Keith and others at City Impact Conference on July 25th at the Warfield Theater. Register at cityimpactconference.com